Search for text in files
To search for text in files
- On the Search menu, click Find in Files.
- In the Look in box, enter the folder where to look for files or click Browse to pick a folder.
- Near the Look in box, select or type in file mask (e.g. *.* or *.htm).
- In the Search for box, enter the text you want to find.
- Select any other options that you want.
Click here to find more about options.
- Click Find.
- You can also click Find in Files on the Search toolbar.
- Searching through large amounts of files may take a while.