Integrating with command line tools
You can integrate with command-line-based tools and ensure that you always get output.
To integrate with a command-line tool and preserve output
- On the Options menu, click Preferences.
- In Preferences window, click External Tools folder.
- Click External Programs.
- Click Add.
- Specify CMD as Path.
- Enter the command line string preceded by /k in the Parameters field (e.g. /k c:\php5\php.exe -f %file).
- Click OK to save your settings.
- Once this external command is called, you will get an output in a nice console window.
- Some parameters (e.g. file paths) might need to be enclosed within double quotes.