About screen saver source media
Various media types are supported:
- JPEG (JPG), GIF, PNG and BMP images
- AVI, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4 video files
- Shockwave Flash animation files (SWF)
Basically, you create screen saver by adding media to your screen saver project. You can then customize properties of each media item (e.g. add picture title).
- It is recommended to use JPEG (JPG) image format.
- If you want to use a video file that is compressed using some compression
technology (e.g. DivX, XviD, MPEG4 etc.) you have two choices:
- Use the FFmpeg video playback technology that works on any computer and comply with the licensing restrictions;
- Rely on the Windows built-in playback technology. In this case the appropriate decoding software (codec) must be installed, otherwise the video might not work. WMV files never require any decoding software, so WMV is the safest video format to use in this case.
The following topics provide more information: