Protect Program command adds password protection to the specified Windows application (program file).
To protect an application
- On the toolbar, click Protect Program.
- Specify executable file of the application (program file). To select the file, use Browse button. You can also drag and drop the file or shortcut on the Program Protector window from Desktop, Start Menu or Windows Explorer.
- Enter the password twice in order to avoid mistakes. The password must be up to 20 characters long and it is case sensitive.
- Click Protect Program.
- If the application that you are protecting is running, you must close and restart it for protection to take effect.
- Documents and other files can't be protected, the program protects Windows applications only.
- After the file is protected you can test if it works as intended. Click Launch to test run protected application. The application is now protected, you must enter correct password in order to be able to use it.
- In case protected program does not run for some reason and you believe it's because of the password protection, you can use Unprotect Program command to completely remove the password protection.