Difference between pure CSS and image-based templates
Two types of templates are available and you can create two types of menus - pure CSS and image-based.
Pure CSS menu
Pure CSS menu contains no image files (except icons and gradient backgrounds) and consists of pure HTML and CSS code.
Advantages of pure CSS-only menu:
- Some amazing designs are possible that are not possible with classic menus
- Cleaner code
- Loads a little bit faster
Classic image-based menu
Image-based menu uses images for top menu buttons. This allows you to create more lively and more colorful menus in some cases.
Advantages of image-based menu:
- More artistic and vivid top menu buttons
- Top menu can contain buttons of different styles
- If you are not sure which template to use, you should simply go with the one that you like best.
- Features and user interfaces for editing image-based and pure CSS menus are a little bit different.